Monday, February 17, 2014

Week #59: Hopeful and Terrified

Things are mostly looking better than they were at the time of my last post, at least in the general life sense. In the prepared for Death March sense, they are looking worse. Another 8-9 inches of snow fell on Thursday followed by more cold and another 2-4 inches on Saturday, so today is now day number 15 of no outdoor riding. Hopefully that trend will break tomorrow.


We did make the best of the snow dump, and added a little snow tubing to our "Arbitrary Day of Love" celebration. It's like Valentine's Day, but the day before so that the restaurants are less crowded and we can open presents sooner, because we're kind of bad at waiting. Oh well, this was the first time in my life I've been excited about Valentine's Day, because I found the perfect present weeks ahead of time. Okay, it was perfect in it's appropriate level weirdness. I saw where you could order marshmallows with your Instagram photos on them, so I thought what better way to celebrate than printing the key moments of our Instaromance on sugary confections? There's nothing like dunking selfies in hot cocoa.


Otherwise, the rest of my trip was spent planning/mentally preparing to move to State College. The job search is looking very hopeful, although the thought of having to make an emergency trip for an in-person interview is quite daunting, but I suppose I will do what I have to do, if needed. I just hope that it doesn't take a whole bunch of trips to get things settled. So that is why I'm both hopeful and terrified right now. There are quite a few things that are looking like they are in our favor, but still a few too many moving parts flying around that I expect to break at any moment.

No comments: